New Post has been published on http://ctacy.com/2017/01/best-winter-coats-under-150-usd/
Consider also the blend of fabrics of a coat if warmth is a major factor. Wool blends are the best – more wool usually means a warmer coat, whilst polyester provides durability. But if you are in the market for something a little more edgy, look out for this season’s hot ticket item, faux fur! Seen in both short and cropped styles look out for animal prints in particular. Androgynous shapes are also popular, and will give you a little added room to layer woollen jumpers underneath for extra warmth in the coldest months.
Think about the fastening of your coat. Currently double breasted coats are doing the rounds, with new references to classic military styles. Another popular choice is the robe coat that morphs the traditional bathrobe with more conservative top coat silhouettes. Cinch the coat in at the waist with a belt made from the coat fabric itself.Taking these elements into consideration we have sourced 12 coats that tick all the boxes.
Check out our suggestions from the classic duster to the androgynous Scandi coat, in a choice of fabric faux fur to woven wool. All of our selections are reasonably priced will leave you with money in your bank account.
Lightweight Military Trench Coat Black from Missguided: 93.50 USD
This chic trench coat gives just the right amount of military structure to grab everyone’s attention. The mid-calf length, and lightweight fabric, allows you to dress it up or down, making this the perfect fit for all occasions.
• With the gold buttons proudly displayed, this Missguided lightweight winter coat is totally on trend.
• Nice cut and details. We especially like the classic knee length tailored shape and sleeve details.
• The coat is machine washable.
• The coat may not be the warmest on our list.
• It is made from 100% polyester.
Waterfall Trapeze Coat in Wool Blend from ASOS Petite: 136.00 USD
For those of us who have trouble finding shorter length coats this classy grey number by ASOS Petite provides a great answer. This coat is perfect for any occasion from the board room to a weekend movie. Add to this the coat’s tailored capped sleeve cap and the coat’s double-breasted fastening and you will be set for any occasion. Pair the coat with mid-blue denim skinnies and a casual cream t-shirt to look to keep the look modern and contemporary.
• ASOS Petite is a great on-trend alternative for petite women
• Beautifully tailored sleeve caps
• A 65% wool blend with polyester adding both durability and warmth
• Pockets deep enough to house your car keys and keep your hands warm
• Only available in petite sizes
• Can only be dry-cleaned
Longline Faux Wool Duster Coat Nude From Missguided: 108 USD
If you are looking for a classic shape that will see you through this winter and the next, look no further than Missguided’s long-line faux coat. This coat takes the classic duster coat and uses a faux wool to create a well-made staple that you will wear for some time to come. Its light nude colour is a great choice for moving between seasons, giving you a sophisticated edge during winter and the shoulder seasons.
• A good priced coat that is well cut
• A classic style that will last past the season
• A great alternative to navy, bland and grey
• The coat is only dry cleanable
• The light colour may not be the be most serviceable colour if this is your first purchase
Double Breasted Over Coat From Monki: 128USD
If you are on the hunt for a coat that is sophisticated with a contemporary edge, look no further than this gorgeous overcoat by Monki. This coat has an androgynous appearance that is uber-cool and adds that Je ne sais quoi to any outfit. Pair this coat with a winter-white knitted dress, dark skinnies or high-waisted mid-blue denim jeans to create a “street-style meets Scandi” look that is both sophisticated and chic.
• A class act that is right on trend – Scandi chic is edgy and relaxed
• Good length
• Split vent in back gives extra room for walking
• Durable and warm from blend of fabric
• Fully lined
• Good price for wool blend (35/65% blend of wool /polyester)
• A higher wool content would make the coat warmer for the cooler months
• Dry-cleanable only
Shawl Collar Robe Maxi Coat From Missguided: 102 USD
If you are looking for another coat to add to your wardrobe, this robed maxi coat may be the answer you’ve been seeking. Right on trend this season this robed coat with shawled collar is a hybrid between the traditional bathrobe and a traditional topcoat. Missguided uses a woven fabric in this fully lined coat with its open front and shawl lapels. Its elongated form is both elegant and practical. To enhance the look, layer with monochromatic creams or add dramatic contrast with black from head to toe. Given its lightness, this robe coat will see you through the shoulder seasons.
• machine washable
• functional pockets
• right on trend in style and colour
• durable woven fabric will add warmth
• 100% synthetic- lacks wool for warmth
• open front with no closing- wont keep cold out on those really chilly days
Fialva Faux Coat From Nelly 61.53 USD
This faux fur coat is a must for those of us looking to turn heads or wanting to have a bit of fun. First and I have produced this shorter style that looks both warm and right on trend. Wide lapels and the front-buttoned closure help give this coat its distinct style. Keep your hands warm in the two front pockets. The jacket is fully lined
• fun and right on trend with its leopard print and length
• a welcome alternative to the classic silhouettes for the more daring of us
• button closure to keep out the cold
• convenient placement of pockets – for hands and small items
• reasonably warm for a synthetic fibre
• great price
• fully lined
• 100 per cent synthetic so doesn’t have the warmth and breathability of a wool blend
• may not last the distance of a more classic cut and style
Emilia Shawl Collar Robe Duster Coat From Boohoo: 60 USD
Keep it simple this season with this versatile camel robe coat. This beauty is ready for any occasion whether you are heading to the office or to a college lecture. Boohoo’s duster coat comes with a shawl collar and front pockets. This look gives your weekend wear an androgynous feel, whilst adding a sophisticated layer to your office wear. Its great tailoring gives this piece a classic feel that will see you through to future seasons. Whilst this may not be the warmest coat on the shelves, the md-calf length will certainly keep away the drafts of cold winter air.
• Classic camel coat
• Patch pockets for small objects and hands
• Will level up any outfit to a more chic and polished look
• Goes with almost anything you have already got in your wardrobe
• Reasonably priced
• Great mid-calf length
• Lacks the warmth a woollen blend will give
Coat In Soft Texture With Belt From ASOS: 143 USD
This light coloured coat will add an element of sophistication to any outfit whether its formal for work, or causal for Sunday brunch. The design sports shawl lapels and a belt to tie the coat shut and keep you warm. ASOS’s coat can be worn loose, or can be clinched in at the waist with the belt when the temperature plummets.
• Soft elegant style
• Wool-mix knit
• Great functional pockets
• Machine washable
• Soft texture
• Great colour that will work with a range of styles and colours
• More wool would ensure more warmth for colder temperatures
Spring Cloud Jacket From NLY Trend: 68 USD
One of this winter’s must-haves is the short fluffy or shearling coat. This Spring Cloud jacket speaks warm cosy just by looking at the fabric alone! Made in a dark blue, this chic and trendy jacket partners up well with leather leggings to give a sophisticated yet fun look around town. The jacket is fastened with hooks an eyes in the front and is fully lined.
• Fresh and edgy
• On trend
• Interesting play on colour – dark blue
• Adds great texture to your wardrobe and look
• Point of difference with the hook and eye fastening
• 100% synthetic- not breathable like wool or as warm
Classic coat in black from KIOMI: 142.50 USD
If you are in the market for a timeless classic black coat, this KIOMI textured coat is an ideal candidate. Reasonably priced, this well-cut coat is a 50/50 wool blend, making it both warm and durable. The coat comes with a wide belt to keep you warm on the coldest days, while giving you a sophisticated edge with its front pockets and wide lapels. This coat’s timeless elegance will a reliable and well-loved friend both now and in the future.
• Classic shape that can last more than one season
• Great silhouette
• Available in black and camel 50/50 wool/polyester blend is both warm and durable
• Adds sophisticated edge to your wardrobe
• Great length
• Dry-cleanable only
• Slightly more expensive than some of the other options BUT does have a good wool percentage that can bump up the price. That said, this coat is still great value for money.
Oversized Coat In Textured Fabric From ASOS: 136 USD
This oversized coat by ASOS will add a more androgynous and casual look to your wardrobe. The coat has a generous fit that will allow you to layer up with woollen jumpers during the coldest winter months. The coat is a collarless design, perfect for showing off your collection of great winter scarves. It features front pockets and come fully lined.
• Fully lined
• Oversized fit allows you to layer for extra warmth
• Sophisticated look minus the traditional collar
• Good mid-calf length that goes well with jeans/trousers and dresses/skirts
• Very versatile style that is both causal cool and chic
• Functional side pockets
• Fully lined
• Added texture
• More expensive than some of the other offerings
• Less wool content which may affect the warmth of the coat
• Dry-clean only
Oversized Knitted Coat In Wool Blend With Shawl Collar From ASOS: 106 USD
This oversized knitted coat by ASOS is a wool-rich product that has loads of character. As an oversized coat it is perfect for adding layers during the coldest days in winter. The shawl collar and functional pockets add definition to this uber-cool coat and make it the perfect accompaniment for work and weekends. The clean line of the coat falls at mid-calf, giving the coat an elongated and sophisticated form. This coat has a good wool count and will give you added warmth.
• Lovely cut that will make you the envy of your friends
• Nice twist on the nude or camel colour
• Light colour makes this coat it trans-seasonal
• Fully lined
• Functional pockets
• Generous size falls nicely over the body, but also allows you to layer for warmth
• Higher ratio of wool to polyester
• Warm and durable
• Gorgeous shawl collar for detail
• Well-priced for its wool content and style
• Colour may be limiting for some outfits and skin tones
• Can only dry clean
Source: Just The Design